Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Day 3 Barefooting to Trabadelo, Spain



We left Cacabellos around 8 am and walked to Pierros for cafe con leche. I wore my minimalist shoes most of the way because of the gravel. Once I got there I took them off and walked in the sand Victor had put in a small section outside, along with lounge chairs. He makes his own wine, has wood oven, and serves fantastic food. It was a delight to see him again. 


The group agreed to meet up in the next town for lunch. I walked with different pilgrims throughout the day. By noon we arrived in Villafranca. I love walking on the stone pathways. They are cool in the morning and warm up in the sun. I walked mostly in my barefeet or with the leather demi-soled shoes that are perfect for protecting the balls of your feet when they are sore or the path is too rough. 

Somehow we found each other, ate lunch and shopped at the market. We started walking again during the warmest time of the day. It seems that is often the case. 
After another 10 kms of walking In the hot sun, we still stopped for Cafe con Leche. 8 out of 9 people are hooked on my favourite drink in Spain! 
I find when I walk long distances my feet will become swollen. I'm not sure if it's from too much weight on my back or all the kilometers I'm walking? But as a pilgrim, I like to carry my own back pack. Maybe in the future, one day, I will ship it by Mochilla taxi, as so many people are doing now!

We made it to Trabadelo around 3:30pm and covered 22kms. We had a bit of rain in the day, but it was very refreshing. I find I'm still getting used to all the gravel on the path. I can manage it for about 1/2 hour and them I get impatient! Usually I slip on my Merryl's or Barebottoms with the demi-sole to give my feet a break. 
 
That day I placed many Sorrow Stones along the path for my sled, my Mother, my kids/grandkids/ and their families too. Before I left I offered to carry people's intentions with me and place them in a stone, that I wound put on the Camino for them. This day I places 4 stones with intentions. It's such an honour to continue this ritual. 

Back to following yellow arrows.

Buen Camino in life!

Sue
@barebottomshoes
My Camino Book 
www.suekenney.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment