Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Contrary Way - Day 11 Walking as a state of being.

The Contrary Way
An Inspirational Guide to the journey back to yourself.

Day 11 Walking as a state of being.

I followed my breath as I walked.
Walking became my breath.
The sun warmed my face.
My thoughts left.
I walked in a state of being.
Ever present.

Breathe in.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe out.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe in.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe out.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe in.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe out.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe in.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe out.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe in.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe out.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe in.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe out.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe in.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Breathe out.
Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step. Step.

Pause.

On your daily life journey, try following your breath. Do nothing else. Just notice it.
Then go for a walk and follow your breath. Do nothing else. Just notice it.
Breathe in. Breathe out. Be. Present. Just notice it.
Walk in a state of being.

Suseya!
Love and light,Sue
Author of Canadian best-selling book My Camino presently in development as a feature film.
www.suekenney.ca
Facebook My Camino/SuseyaTwitter CaminoPeregrina
http://mycaminojourney.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Being in the present is so enriching, Sue. I discovered it, totally accidentally, while walking my Camino, when somebody asked as I walked up from St Jean P-de-P, whether I had noticed the eagle. I hadn't, and I somewhat doubted its existence, but I realised that I had been worrying about whether I would find Roncesvalles, whether I could make myself understood, whether my back would hold out under all the walking ahead - and had missed so much of the Pyrennees. I went back to an old yoga practice, dropped years before, of breathing in a measured way to calm these thoughts - and found my=Self, "present" to all around me and it's - I have to use the word - beauty.
    It was only a few months ago that I discovered mindfulness as a means of pain control, for me an effective one. As I practised it, memories of my Camino kept resurfacing and I recognised an old friend. Someone I had brought back from my pilgrimage but had left in the loft with my rucksack. It was a great reunion.
    I hope as I follow your journey, that I may find other things I brought back and left in the loft. Thanks Sue, Ultreya! Ian

    ReplyDelete